This, my blog is a long neglected thing. I got to a point where I was posting regularly and then I sort to stopped. Well, a good friend of mine, Fiona Angwin, has begun blogging recently. It has spurred me on to recommence writing on this blog. With any luck it'll stimulate my atrophied writing creativity. It seems that when you've spent so long writing when it isn't really for yourself, you get a little limited.
The other night however, I had a burst of creativity. Some would, no doubt, call it madness. Others would wonder why I haven't been committed. A few two nights ago I decided to test the claims on Stargazing Live and see if I could see the northern lights. As it turns out I didn't, but thanks to the wonders of modern technology I had a photography experience like never before. I didn't feel like I was alone.
Allow me to explain. I am no stranger to waiting around to get the perfect photo. On several occasions I have grabbed my camera and run out of the house when it is snowing in order to get some rare photos of untouched snow. Likewise, when I was trying to get a shot of the sunrise I was out in the middle of the night to set up and be ready for those all to brief moments when you can actually photograph the sunrise. The point is, I'm trying to explain that if you are waiting to photograph a specific thing you can end up waiting for hours, on your own and in the middle of nowhere. I suppose I'm also trying to assure myself that it's normal.
Anyhoo, back to the story. There I was, out at midnight on the shore, in the pitch black (away from horrible light pollution) with just my cameras. I've done similar many times before. The difference this time? My Nexus 7. My wonderful tablet. I tend to slip it in my coat pocket and carry it everywhere these days. In fact I'm sitting in a Starbucks typing this blog on it now (albeit with the aid of a keyboard case). You might wonder why the tablet made the difference, and the answer is my friends.
Out, in the pitch black, miles from another human, I was having a rather fun filled conversation with some of my closest friends. Make no mistake, for a brief moment out there, the conversation was flying rapidly and so well that I may as well have been in the bar with them talking in person. It was entirely down to them that I began laughing, joking and with a few bits of stimuli (David Attenborough, Blair Witch and bizarrely a stray dog) I created a little video. Yep, out the shore with nothing else to do I had a burst of creativity.
WARNING: THE VIDEO IN THIS LINK IS EXTREMELY SILLY AND SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED BY ANYONE OF A SERIOUS DISPOSITION!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzHkyi4TeaM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Okay, I'll admit that the video is a little barmy, but for me creativity is strongly linked to fun. If I'm being creative should be enjoying it. If I'm not who else will?
The video of course got me thinking. Maybe I should try a vlog. Maybe I should see if my creativity can be translated into something? Of course the thing is that very few people watch vlogs. In fact as I think about it I don't know many other people who create vlogs, let alone watch them. So, here I am warning you all....
expect more blog posts and....
keep an eye out for my forthcoming vlogs. After all, it'd be nice if someone watched them!
No comments:
Post a Comment