Thursday, 15 August 2013

I should be writing

There's a point during the script writing process that I begin to get really excited about the project. Usually, it'll happen early as I'm putting the story together and imagining which actors I want to play which roles. Generally speaking I never get excited about the writing part of each project. Writing the dialogue is boring, difficult and tedious. It's a normal thing to have got the whole play planned out and to know who each character is and just wish that the dialogue will just appear as if from nowhere. It never does of course, but hope springs eternal. Or rather it did.

Today I've finally been putting pen to paper on a script I've had on my board and been meaning to write 'When Tomorrow Comes'. Oddly though I know exactly where the script is going. I know who the characters are and I'm finding the dialogue easy to write. Sure, I do wonder if that means that the dialogue is absolute tripe, but still the script is forming really easily.

Maybe, this script is coming more easily to me because I've been planning it for so long. I've had the time to mull over all the characters and work out just how I'm going to get person x from a to b. I should say I do this quite a lot anyway, but I often working such things out as I'm beginning to write, not a whole year before I even start writing dialogue.


No comments:

Post a Comment